Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ryan Wolf Reviews...



Wonder Woman and I watched Scooby Doo and the Goblin King a few nights ago after a long tedious day of fighting nefarious villains and sorts. We smiled as we plopped down on the comforting couch and readied ourselves for a momentary getaway; it didn’t take long for us to realize that the movie lacked the charm of the original series. It played out as a Crappy, er Scrappy Doo episode; no mystery to solve, just silliness and camp, much like the Crappy, er, Scrappy Doo era. However, on the plus side I can say that Daphne was never curvier.

The story took place on Halloween night and Scooby and Shaggy must’ve gotten a long hair up their butts; they were totally out of character in the opening scenes. The two chow hounds just had to expose a magician as a fake…DUH! The gang was kicked out of the Coolsville carnival and the story pretty much became a Scooby and Shaggy story; Freddy, Daphne, and Velma were hardly around, much like the Crappy, uh, Scrappy Doo era.

It almost seemed that Diana and I turned around at the same time and said flatly, “I’ve seen better,” as Scooby and Shaggy ventured into the Spirit world.

I did manage to guess that the black cat would turn out to be the smexy witch, BUT, I didn’t know that she would have BLUE hair!!! A sarcastic Wonder Woman pointed to the screen, “Look Ryan-kun, it’s Blue-chan!” I looked at her out of the corner of my eye as Wonder Woman continued her verbal attack, “Too bad your new Dell computer can’t take vidcaps of this. I’m sure you’d love to snap off a few of the blue haired witch.”

Lauren Bacall’s witch let Shaggy and Scooby use her broom, the fat witch gave them a potion to use for later which led to a really creepy scary scene towards the end; Scooby and Shaggy drank the potion the rotund witch gave them and they transformed into drag versions of Daphne and Velma. I thought I was going to toss my donuts. Wonder Woman was about to excuse herself and rush to the bathroom and vomit her dinner, it was that disgusting.

The evil fake magician was a full fledge evil wizard at the end; he turned the Mystery Machine into the Monster Machine and chased Freddy, Velma, and Daphne around the carnival. The van plowed into a booth full of Crappy, sorry, Scrappy Doo souvenirs; poetic justice for the mangy puppy that wrecked Scooby Doo.

The movie was ending and we both concurred that this movie belonged in the pile of other disastrous Scooby movies: Witch’s Ghost, Where’s My Mummy, Monster of Mexico, Pirates Ahoy, and all the Crappy, dang it, Scrappy episodes.

There was one thing I didn’t understand, I turned to Wonder Woman and asked, “How did something like that…come from that (if you seen the movie, you’d know what I’m talking about for those of you in Palm Beach). Diana grabbed my shirt and purred, “I’ll show you,” as she pulled me into her delicious intoxicating red lips.

It’s good to be the sidekick!

No comments:

Post a Comment