Monday, September 13, 2010

Wolf in Gotham Part 3

The Dark Knight, my least favorite person in Gotham, was now a distant memory as the snow began to fall on sleepy Gotham. I put my hands into the pockets of my leather flight jacket as I began to walk down the street. My mind raced back to Jaime, no doubt this was divine intervention, for if her dad knew I was in the same zip code with her, someone's head would be rolling.

A cry for help snapped me out of my musing; I turned my head from where the cry resounded, it was a dark Gotham back alley. I was told never ever go into one of those alleys alone-under any circumstances, but the cry continued. I looked up to see if the Bat was coming; after several seconds I realized he wasn't going to come to the rescue. I prayed a quick prayer and reluctantly entered into the alley.

I came to a complete halt as the cries for help stopped; I quickly drew my 9MM issued sidearm and cautiously scanned the area. Next thing I knew a foot kicked the gun out of my hand. I could barely see my assailant, but what I could see was that he was standing a few feet away in the shadows and much shorter than I. I let my new friend make the first move, one that I very easily blocked. I blocked the next blow with my forearm as we danced in the shadows.

It was apparent my would be assailant was feeling me out; another arm came flying in. Again I blocked it, but this time I went on the offensive as I counter attacked. My assailant deftly blocked it and my next attack. We blocked move after move, I quickly came to the realization that I was slowly losing as my adversary began scoring hits.

I furiously started what ultimately would be a vain counter attack. I accidently grabbed something that was round and very soft; I quickly realized I was fighting a woman, a well trained one at that. She screamed out as I held onto her soft tissue. I released it as fast as I could, but it was too late. I would taste her fury. A round house kick momentarily stunned me just enough for her to grab my arm and send me flying into a stone cold brick wall.

I felt my wind leave me as my body hit the hard cold wall; I slowly slumped to the snow covered alley. I may have been dazed but my pride took a hit the bigger hit. A hot shot Navy pilot that survived SEAL training got his ass kicked by a woman.

"Let's see who you really are," her soft voice sneered. Her strong knees straddled my side as her warm hands searched my pockets and pulled out my wallet.

"RYAN!" the voice exclaimed as it turned to a shocked apologetic tone, "They said you were coming to town. Oh, I'm so sorry!"

A light came on and I could see a very voluptuous ninja sitting on my lap; she looked down and pulled her mask off revealing her angelic face and blue hair.

"Lady Blue?" I asked as my eyes came back into focus.

"Ryan, I'm so sorry," she again echoed and pulled me up, "I thought you were mugging someone."

Blue turned around as yet another woman ninja dropped into the alley; she pulled down her mask. She sported a mischievous beaming smile as she rested her hands on her hips, "Oh Bluey, that was sooooo much fun. I gotta do that again!" With that said she put her mask back on and cart wheeled into the cold night.

Blue's violet eyes narrowed, "Dana."

Moments later Blue helped me up to my feet, she looked up at me, "Ryan-san, come by the tavern and whatever you want will be on me: My treat."

I held my head and smiled the best I could, "Thank you, Lady Blue, but I'll think I'll just settle for a couple of aspirins." I rubbed my aching back as I finished. Now, I had been an acquaintance of Lady Blue for roughly a year. I never really had much conversation until now. I never realized just how beautiful she was or how big she was in all the right places; she was taking my breath away in more ways than one."

Blue smiled as she slightly tilted her head, "Okay, Ryan-san. Get your rest and come by when you feel up to it."

"I will," I smiled in return. She gave me a wink and put her mask back on; seconds later she leapt into the gloomy Gotham night and was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment