Sunday, January 18, 2009

Busched-Sneak Peek



I'm finally getting to a story that I outlined after a visit to Busch Gardens, it'll be my second "The Day after Thanksgiving" type story. Ryan meets with Santa Claus to discuss the Jolly Ol' Elf's Christmas flight of joy.

However, when Ryan arrives the elves are on edge and Santa gives him some disturbing news about his lady friends. Wonder Woman's alter ego whisks Ryan away for a weekend of cold and rain at Busch Gardens, Tampa; as usual, things don't go well for our heroic fighter pilot, but when do things?

***

It was an unseasonably cold 36 degrees when my F/A-37 Talon landed at Canaveral AFS on 28 Nov 08. It quietly took shelter inside a warm hardened hanger as AH-64 Long Bow helicopters hovered above in the nail biting wind. My bird started to take her well deserved nap as I popped the canopy open.

I climbed down my ladder and was greeted by Santa Claus’s lead security elf. The not so jolly elf was wearing sunglasses darker than my aviator sunglasses and coldly demanded, “She’s not here, is she?”

“Uh, who?” I asked looking around the busy hanger.
“Her?” he snapped.

“Who?” I asked putting my hands out.

“Lady Blue.”

“No,” I flatly replied, “She’s up to her pretty bosoms in pirates.”

“Good,” the curt elf replied and nodded his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment