Monday, December 29, 2008

Good News, Bad News

This is an update...of sorts. The euphoria of my Dolphins winning an improbably AFC East Championship offset the sting I felt this weekend when both of my computers crashed or bought the farm.

My laptop died (Vista-don't get Vista unless it's force down your throat and then ask someone to perform the Heimlich maneuver on you) I had to call Dell to get it back up and running. Although I had saved my Christmas story, I was working on it; it was a bloody casualty even though I had saved most of it.

My other computer was attacked a few days ago by the APPS of Myspace; I thought I had everything taken care of, but when I went to work on it yesterday, the monitor looked like a shimmering Christmas tree light display. I had to unplug the computer and restart it; monitor still wasn't working and neither will other monitors. Sigh. That computer has all my scans on it.

I'll have to dig out my old 2002 Gateway and fire it up; sadly, it's slower than molasses running in the arctic in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment